Marker Name: Antonia Plantation
Marker Dedicated:March 2009
Marker Sponsor: The Becnel Family
Marker Location: The corner of Antonio Road and South River Road
ANTONIA PLANTATION A typical raised Creole Cottage, Antonia was an early 1800s working sugar plantation. Established through a 1793 Spanish Land Grant claimed bu Pierre Lebert. Zephirin Blanchard married Lebert’s daughter Elsie and expanded the plantation. Zephirie Blanchard fought in the War of 1812. His son Arthur fought and died in the Civil War. Antonia Plantation was owned by the Blanchard-Levert Family for over 200 Years.