Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday 9am-4:30pm
Making Tour Reservations
We are delighted that you would like to slots schedule a tour for your group to visit the West Baton Rouge Museum! Call (225) 336-2422 x18 or toll free (888) 881-6811 x18
- Tours are available for all age groups. Tour components are tailored to be relevant to your group’s ages and accessibility needs.
- All tours are guided tours.
- Tour length can vary in time according to your scheduling needs. Typically tours run between one hour and two hours.
- Group size can range from 5 people to 150.
- We ask that group leaders schedule their tours at least two weeks in advance.
- School groups and youth groups must come with one adult chaperone for every ten children.
- When you schedule your tour please ask us about our hands-on history programs to complement your guided tour! These include archeological digs, writing with quill and ink, historical artifact reading, open hearth cooking demonstration, butter churning, Native American pottery, wash tub relays and more, at no extra charge.
- The museum has a special gift shop program just for kids, which offers items priced at $1, $2 and $3 only. Tax is included. Please ask about the Kids Cart program for your students and children.
GROUP TOUR HANDS-ON ACTIVITY:
|Native American Art: Pinch Pots
||300 Years of West Baton Rouge History: Scavenger Hunt
|Before There Were Movies: Optical Toys
Call (225) 336-2422 x18 or toll free (888) 881-6811 x18